The Director of International Operations (DIO) manages the relationships between Lugos Travel and all DMC partners worldwide. The DIO reports directly to the Sales Manager and would assist coordination with sales staff to ensure that all deliverables are met for each tour sold, including confirming all details of each departure, ensuring that the deliverables are received in time to process the itineraries, and manage client experience.
In coordination with all DMC’s, the DIO would design each tour, manage all options available, control costs, and ensure client satisfaction. Including using client surveys and reviews to hone each journey.
The DIO will also work with the graphics department to ensure that each proposal conforms to the guidelines, includes all pertinent information, has accurate pricing, and is delivered to the sales team in a timely fashion, facilitating sales efficiently.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Destination Management Companies (DMC’s)
- Up to weekly cross-checking of client stages in the sales process with each DMC to ensure that all deliverables from both the client’s and DMC’s contracts are met
- Contract with new DMC’s
- Find all options, and track costs and profit margins
- Expand products, including unique tours and opportunities
- Negotiate the price on all deliverables
- Design, or approve of Custom Daily Amenities
- Work with the Graphics department to ensure each option, and tours are correctly represented in outgoing proposals for clients
- Oversee the design of scarves, ties, and pocket squares for each tour, creating new designs yearly for each standard, and all custom tours sold
- Work with Sales Manager to ensure that all client deliverables are met
- Must have constant contact with, and free flow of information between both departments
- Ensure that DMC’s deliver completed itinerary, inclusive of all information needed, for Graphics department to complete itinerary 45 days before departure
- Confirm all details for each tour that they are paid for, or have a mechanism for payment, and that the dates and times for each activity are correct
- Coordinate with Director of Internal Operations to ensure that all non-DMC related purchases are purchased (i.e., Limo, Tie/Scarf, Wifi device, After-gift, etc)
- Up to twice yearly, or on an as-needed basis, inspect elements of each tour for quality control, working with each DMC to ensure client satisfaction.
- Including personal visits, in coordination with DMC’s to keep costs down
- Work with local tourism bureaus to find new tour ideas and locations
- Attend travel conferences worldwide representing Lugos Travel, up to twice yearly