A Summer Expedition
Reykjavík, Iceland – 5 Days
Take advantage of Iceland’s long summer days. The land will be yours to explore by horseback as soon as you settle in. Make the most of each moment, a new adventure begins every morning. Climb ice walls, hike volcanos, walk across glaciers, crawl through lava caves, race across the countryside, and relax in natural hot springs. Astonishment will come with no surprise; Iceland is an island full of unimaginable beauty. A natural gem will await your discovery down every path you take.
Our partnered local mountain guides offer safe, privately guided tours through the mountains, highlands, and natural gems all home to Iceland. Each chosen travel itinerary has a difficulty level for people in good health. The days will consist of 3-4 hours of walking, sometimes combined with shorter walks to off-road beauties. The temperature of an average summer’s day is 14ºC/60ºF, and will be a little cooler in the highlands. This Summer Expedition is only available between months June and August. Iceland’s summers are filled with long sunny days, a beautiful green oasis.
Tour Package Includes
- All Accommodations, minimum 4* level
- Breakfast each morning, plus select meals where noted
- All transportation, as described, inclusive of gratuity
- All tours, as described
- All entrance fees where noted (add’l fees may apply to options)
- Registration with US State Department
- 24 Hr. concierge service for the duration of the trip
NOT INCLUDED: Flights, Travel Insurance (Mandatory), Personal Expenditures, Optional Upgrades, Anything not mentioned
- Private transfer from your home to airport
- Flight to Reykjavík (Not included)
- Upon arrival in Iceland you will be greeted by your driver and transferred to your hotel
- Check-in, relax and refresh
- Have your first look at the land outside of Reykjavík by Icelandic horse back
- Friendly and specially trained horses will bring you out on spectacular trails of green hillsides and lava fields – welcome to the beautiful land of Iceland
- Evening at leisure
Includes: Transfers / Horseback ride (1 1/2 Hours) / Hotel Accommodations, fees & taxes
- Svínafellsjökull glacier will await you this morning. with its many ridges, deep crevasses, and various shapes and heights of ice walls, an ideal playground for climbers
- With your guide, tie your ice climbing boots up tight, grab your gear, and climb on
- Ice climbing beginners and experts will be blown away by the spectacular scenery surrounding the glacier, and the views are even better on top
- Enjoy a fun and safe experience, with difficulty adjusted for each climber
- Arrive back at the hotel for an evening at leisure
- Overnight at hotel
Includes: Private transfer / Ice Climb Excursion / Room, Dinner & Taxes
- After breakfast, those who would like to ski or snowboard are free to do so
- For those that wish to experience the area a tour in town will be arranged
- Activities offered can be chosen based on preferences
- Cheese making tour: Taste your way through hundreds of years of locally made cheeses. Over 80 different cheeses are produced in the Haute-Savoie and this tour will include a local farm tour unlocking the secrets to happy taste-buds. A gastronomic delight!
- Biathlon demonstration: How difficult is it to hit the target? You will find out with top-of-the-line, precision guns. Bring out the Olympian in you
- Free day in town, at leisure
- Spa activities, Bun-J or Paragliding action sports offered, but not included
- This evening, before dinner we have included a ski luge expedition. You will ride the snow at dusk on a custom ski luge. Fun at no extra charge!
- Overnight at hotel
Includes: choice of Biathlon demonstration or Cheese making tour / Room, Breakfast, Dinner & Taxes
- Explore one of the hidden lava caves with a private guide in the outskirts of Reykjavík this morning
- As you make your way into the cave, discover the beauty of stalagmites and stalactites, learn about formation of lava caves and the role they have in ancient Icelandic myths
- Crawl through the crevasses to access almost unreachable caves of ancient stone and ice
- Arrive back at the hotel by lunch time and relax
- This afternoon, the natural playground awaits as you drive an ATV outside of Reykjavík, the perfect setting for quad bike fun
- Ride from base camp across the countryside, and up to the mountains with a thrill
- Soak in the stunning views, then head back to the hotel for an evening at leisure
- Overnight at hotel
Includes: Private Lava Cave Exploration (4 Hours) / ATV – Quad Combo (1 Hour) / Room, Breakfast & Taxes
- This morning, you will meet your transportation after breakfast
- Depart towards the airport, with a leisurely stop at Blue Lagoon, a Geothermal oasis surrounded by scenic views
- Energize with the forces of nature with an in-water sauna, and bar
- Enjoy several hours of hot spring relaxation with accessible lockers to safely store your belongings and luggage
- Enjoy lunch
- Afterwards, you will be escorted to the airport
- Return home
- Private transportation will pick you up at the airport and take you to your doorstep
Includes: Transportation to Blue Lagoon and Airport / Locker access, bathing suit & towel rental / Gourmet lunch / Private transfer from airport to home
Enrich Your Experience
Select one or more custom add-ons to your tour package.
Our Standard Services
Each of our tours comes with uncommon amenities already included.
Ready to Start Your Ultimate Vacation?
Begin planning the ultimate vacation with Lugos Travel. You can even use your own travel agent, or we will help you.